Vijayawada – India
20th – 28th March 2017
The training course "Child Poverty & Vulnerability" was implemented by the Indian organization "New Beginnings Charitable Trust - NCT” in cooperation with "Prism – Promozione Internazionale Siclia-Mondo"
in the frame of the project “Child protection and development: youth work experiences across the World” funded with the support of the Erasmus+ programme - Key Action 2 Capacity building in the field of youth, involving youth workers from Senegal, Italy, India, Kenya, Greece and Spain. Participants were equipped with key competences and tools on "child protection and development" by sharing grassroots level knowledge and interventions on the field by the "New Beginnings Charitable - NCT".
- The UN Sustainable Developmental Goals & the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child.
- A child rights situation analysis: Andhra Pradesh.
- Best practices and strategies against child trafficking end extreme poverty.
- NCT’s approach to child poverty, with a focus on disable and street children.
- Programmes for International cooperation and partnership.
- Visits to local community projects.
- Follow up, youthpass and final evaluation.
Here below some articles published by Mary Mwendwa, social worker at RHD Kenya, participating at the training in Vijayawada:
Special needs school in Indian village appeals for help:
Women labourers in India promote child rights through microfinance projects
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there.